The City of Fitchburg has switched to an Online Application Program. Please click here to access the online portal.
Licensing and Payment Options
1. Online: Obtain your dog license online 24 hours a day. You will need the following items to obtain your dog license:
- Current Rabies Vaccination Certificate (not an invoice/receipt). A scan or clear photograph is acceptable to upload
- Payment (online via card/echeck or you may elect to mail in/drop off payment at the City Hall drop box to avoid convenience charges)
Estimated turnaround time: Immediate if paying online. You will be emailed a receipt that will provide proof of license.
Your documentation and dog license tag(s) will be mailed to you within 3 to 5 business days.
Additional Information for Online Payments
- This service is provided as a convenience by the City of Fitchburg to its citizens and bill payers.
- Transactions are handled by a 3rd party merchant that charges a processing fee (the city does not receive any portion of these fees).
- Pay with Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express cards. 2.99% + 0.99¢ fee applied
- Pay via ACH direct-debit from most major banks, with instant verification via login to online banking. $2.25 flat fee
2. In-Person via Self-Service Kiosk: Obtain your dog license in person at Fitchburg City Hall during normal operation hours of 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. You will need the following items to obtain your dog license:
- Current Rabies Vaccination Certificate (not an invoice/receipt)
Estimated turnaround time: Immediate
Dog Licenses Fees
- $20.00 for spayed or neutered dogs
- $25.00 for intact dogs
Cat Licenses Fees
- $5.00 for spayed or neutered cats
- $7.00 for intact cats
Late Fees for Dogs
Per state Statutes, 174.05(5), a $5.00 late fee will be assessed to each dog that has not been licensed prior to April 1st each year. Dogs that are too young to be vaccinated by April 1st are exempt from this late fee.
Questions? Contact the Clerk's Office at 608-270-4200 during office hours.