North American History Collection
Thanks to a generous grant from the Madison Community Foundation, and support from the Friends of the Fitchburg Library, we now have an enhanced North American History Collection!
- Click here for a list of all the items that have been added to this collection, which includes books, movies, and magazines for adults and children.
- Items ordered as part of this collection are shelved with the rest of our circulating non-fiction collection, and are indicated by a special Madison Community Foundation label on the spine of each item.
Scope of the collection:
- General and political history of each North American country
- History and viewpoints of minority and majority populations
- Biographies of influential individuals
- Stories of exploration, discovery and colonization, conflict and accord, catastrophe and achievement
- The Madison Community Foundation initiated a county-wide specialty collection project, allowing all 28 Dane County libraries to offer unique materials to their patrons, and everyone serviced by the South Central Library System. More information on this project can be found here.
- Generous support from the Friends of the Fitchburg Library at the end of 2013 increased the number of items that we were able to purchase, and supported special related programs, such as War Stories: A Civil War Authors' Panel.
Madison Community Foundation and the Friends of the Fitchburg Library!