Boards & Commissions
Committee / Commission Opportunities
The City of Fitchburg depends upon citizen participation and service. Citizen volunteers play a vital role in the conduct of governmental affairs and provide an important element in achieving the goals of the city. Please review the Complete List of Boards and Commissions, (select which committee you may be interested in) and it will provide you with the summary of duties.
If you would like to be considered to serve on one of Fitchburg's commission or committees, please complete a Mayoral Appointment Application. Applications may be submitted for consideration at any time, in March during reappointment time or when vacancies occur. They will remain on file even after a vacancy is filled, for two years. When openings occur, the Mayor will consider applications that have been submitted, choose a committee and then submit to the Common Council for final approval. You can apply to be on a committee at any time so the city has your information when a vacancy occurs.
- Must be a resident of Fitchburg
- Enthusiastic commitment to the betterment of the community
- Oriented toward service to people and sensitive to their needs
- Some knowledge and background in the areas of interest are advantageous, but not mandatory
- Understanding of the relationship with the City Council and the role of being an extension of the council