In your Internet Explorer browser, go to tools, then internet options:
1) General Tab
- Browsing History section / Settings button:
- Check for newer version of stored pages: select ‘Every time I visit the webpage’
- Click ‘OK’
- Under Settings, select the ‘Advanced’ button.
- Check the ‘Override automatic cookie handling’ checkbox
- First-Party cookies: ‘Accept’
- Third-Party cookies: ‘Accept’
- Check ‘Always allow session cookies’
- Under Pop-Up Blocker, uncheck the ‘Turn on Pop-up Blocker’ box
- Click ‘OK’
- Under Content Advisor, if there is a button labeled ‘Disable’, select it (if applicable, enter the required password).
Online and phone support is available for individuals applying for jobs with the City of Fitchburg. Please review the online employment application guide or contact applicant support at: 1(877) 204-4442.
Quick Tips For a Successful Application
Pay Attention to Detail. Complete all sections of the application thoroughly and completely. Do not leave relevant sections of the application blank or write statements such as “see résumé.” Applications may be rejected if incomplete. Use complete sentences and correct capitalization, punctuation, and grammar.
Save Your Progress. Save your work in progress frequently when you are working in your application to avoid loss of your work in the event of timing out or other unforeseen circumstance.
Application Deadline is Firm. Be sure to complete and submit your application before the application deadline. If you are working in your application when the deadline passes, (typically 11:59 pm) the system will not accept your application after the stated deadline.
Making Changes. You cannot make changes to an application after it is submitted. If you need to update your application after it has been submitted, but before the published deadline, please contact Human Resources.
Check Your Email. Be sure to check your email after your application has been submitted. Notifications regarding your status in the selection process will be communicated to you at the email address you provide in your application. Messages may come from the governmentjobs.com address, so check that they're not directed to your 'Junk Mail' folder.
Accommodation. If you require accommodation to participate in the hiring process, please contact the Human Resources Department