Incident Type: Drug Investigation/Child Neglect/OWI-4600 Crescent Rd
Incident Date: 2/3/20
Date of Release: 2/3/20
Case #: 20-2083
Completed By: Sgt. Pete Johnston
On Monday, February 3rd, 2020, at 7:25 p.m., officers from the Fitchburg Police Department were dispatched to the 4600 block of Crescent Rd for a report of a small child calling for help and a woman passed out behind the wheel. Fitchburg officers arrived on scene and located a woman who was impaired and in control of the vehicle. A 4 year old child was in the back seat of the vehicle and had been with their unresponsive mother for some time. It was determined a witness heard the child calling for help and then found the woman slumped over and unresponsive. Fitchburg officers also located cocaine and marijuana inside the vehicle.
Kandace J. Suchomel was arrest for the following offenses:
- OWI-passenger under 16 years of age
- Possession of Cocaine
- Possession of Marijuana
- Neglecting a Child
Anyone with information related to this incident is urged to:
- Contact the Fitchburg Police Department at (608) 270-4300
- Contact the Fitchburg Police Department’s Anonymous Tipster Line at (608) 270-4321
- Send a text to 847411 with the Keyword “Fitchburg”
- Contact Madison Area Crime Stoppers at (608)266-6014 www.madisonareacrimestoppers.org. Crime Stoppers tipsters may be eligible for a cash reward..