Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
To Our Fitchburg Community,
Like most of you, we are actively monitoring all developments related to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
We continue to maintain contact with our local, state, and federal partners, and we are working closely with other departments within the City of Fitchburg.
Our department is deeply rooted in service to the community and we want to reassure you we remain here to serve 24/7. In order to effectively serve our community as this situation evolves, our most important priority is to maintain the health and well-being of all of our personnel.
Last week, based on recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and Public Health Madison Dane County, we began evaluating and modifying our delivery of services. These modifications have been made in accordance with the general recommendations related to social distancing and limiting exposure to both our personnel and our community. These modifications will be re-evaluated on a regular basis and future adjustments may be necessary.
Modifications to Police Services:
• All non-emergency calls for service will be evaluated for the ability to handle the call via telephone or email
• If officers need to respond to a non-emergency call for service they will be encouraged to handle the call outside or in another manner which promotes a barrier or distance between involved parties
• The police department lobby, including the records department is closed to walk-ins. The main entrance vestibule is open and has access to a call box to connect you to our dispatch center
• Citizens can contact us 24/7 via our non-emergency number, (608)270-4300
• Our records department will remain open, however fulfillment of records requests will likely be delayed. Requests should be made via our website: http://fitchburgwi.gov/382/Records. If you do not have internet access you can call the records department at: (608)270-4343
• Fingerprinting services have been suspended
• Animal live trap services have been suspended
• Police ride-alongs, department tours and outreach events have been suspended
• Due to the closure of our department lobby there is no access to our MedDrop box
Along with these modifications to our delivery of services, we have emphasized a number of internal measures to promote the health and well-being of our personnel.
Maintaining safety and preventing crime in Fitchburg has always been a team effort with the community as our number one partner. We ask members of our community to maintain awareness in their neighborhood and when they are out of their homes. If something seems out of the ordinary, please do not hesitate to contact us via our non-emergency dispatch number, (608)270-4300. We also remind you to take simple crime prevention measures, including locking doors, and keeping your garage door closed.
Our primary mission remains to maintain public safety in our community. With the above modifications in mind, we will remain available to respond to the needs of our community. We will continue to work with our partners and monitor guidelines from the CDC and Public Health Madison Dane County.
Now more than ever, the well-being of our community depends on our combined efforts and cooperation. We appreciate your patience and understanding and we encourage you to keep your fellow community members in mind when making decisions.
If you need us, please do not hesitate to call our non-emergency dispatch (608)270-4300.
If you are in need of emergency services, please call 911. As always, please reserve 911 for emergencies in progress so that public safety dispatchers can remain focused on their important roles especially during this challenging time.
As many of you begin spending more time at home, there are a number of individuals in our community hard at work to provide essential services. Whether staffing an emergency room, stocking shelves at a grocery store, or working hard to keep our utilities on, we are all depending on each other. Please be patient, be kind, stay healthy, and stay safe.
Thank you all for helping make Fitchburg the community we are so proud to serve.