Please join us for a Ribbon-Cutting Ceremony and Grand Opening of the Dawley Bike Hub in the City of Fitchburg. This grand opening will include a celebration of the new hub and numerous bicycle improvements that were completed in 2014 as a collaboration of multiple agencies. Please come and join the City for a celebration of the following significant projects:
• Dawley Bike Hub, funding by Fitchburg and PARC
• Cannonall Path and Military Ridge Path, funding by Fitchburg and WisDOT
• Apache Pond Boardwalk connection to Belmar, funding by Fitchburg and PARC
• Military Ridge Path Overpass of McKee Road and tunnel under Sprocket Drive, funding by
WisDOT and Fitchburg respectively
• Dane County Seminole Highway Mountain Bike Trails, funding by Dane County Parks and
Biking just got better in Fitchburg thanks to the contributions from the City of Fitchburg, Dane County Partners for Area Recreation (PARC), Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT), CORP, and Dane County Parks!
Bring your bikes! A guided bike ride will be held starting at the Dawley Bike Hub to Lake Farm County Park, sponsored by the Friends of Capital Springs Recreation Area (FCSRA). Following the grand opening, Rick Eilertson, FCRSA board member and Fitchburg’s Environmental Engineer, will lead a bike ride from the Hub to Lake Farm County Park, highlighting various bike and storm water improvements in Fitchburg and their positive affect on the Capital Springs Recreation Area. The ride is scheduled to depart the Hub at ~10:30 am, arriving at Lake Farm County Park around noon.
There is limited parking available at the Dawley Bike Hub. Overflow parking is available on-street in the Pine Ridge neighborhood located to the south on Croix and Arapaho Drive. Walk along the paved path on the west side of Seminole Highway to reach the Hub.