Microsoft Home Use Program
Microsoft Office 365 Home Use Program
City Employees, with the exception of Library and Public Works Maintenance Facility employees, are eligible to participate in Microsoft’s Office 365 Home Use Program. This program enables you to get a licensed copy of most Microsoft® Office desktop PC applications to install and use on your home computer.
Under the Home Use Program, you and your other co-workers, who are users of qualifying applications at work (e.g. Microsoft Office Suite) may acquire a licensed copy of the Microsoft Office Suite to install and use on a home computer. You may continue using this software while you are an employee of the City of Fitchburg. Unlike the previous Home Use program, there is no cost to obtain the software. Employees can download the Office Suite right from their Office 365 online account.
Unfortunately, Library employees are not eligible for this program as your Microsoft Office licenses are provided by South Central Library Service.
To access the Microsoft Office 365 Home Use Program Web site:
1. Go to http://login.microsoftonline.com/.
2. Login with your City email and password.
3. To the right of "Apps" you will see "Install Office apps". Hit the drop down arrow.
4. Click on "Office 2016" (32-bit version by default). A download pop will appear.
*** "Other install options" will give you the option for 64-bit or a different language pack.
4. Follow the prompts to install and begin using the software.
If you have any questions, please submit a helpdesk.
City of Fitchburg I.T. Department