General Educational Resources
- BrainPOP is now providing free access to resources for families impacted by school closures.
- The Exploratorium is a public learning laboratory that has moved a lot of its content online.
- Khan Academy provides free learning resources, including personalized learning paths.
- PBS Kids has educational games and videos featuring PBS Kids shows characters.
- Scholastic has compiled a resource list for kids learning at home.
- TED Talks has a number of educational talks to watch with kids online.
- Let's Keep Reading provides a list of interactive read alouds.
- Storyline Online is a free children's literacy resource featuring the world's best storytellers reading books aloud. Each video includes an activity guide with lessons for K-5 students to do at home.
- Storytime From Space! - The Global Space Education Project sent children’s books to the International Space Station to be read by astronauts.
- National Geographic Kids features games, videos and other educational content for children and adults.
- Highlights Kids is full of learning and fun.
- Time for Kids is free for the rest of the year. Select your grade and register for free access.
- Math Games provides free math games and skill practice online.
- Prodigy Game covers every major math topic for grades 1-8 for free.
- YouCubed is a free K-12 math resource from Stanford University’s Graduate School of Education.
- The Arbor Day Foundation has games and activities to help kids learn about trees.
- The Cincinnati Zoo will be doing a Home Safari on their Facebook page, 2pm CST, featuring a different animal and a lesson.
- Crash Course Kids is a biweekly show focusing on grade-school science.
- Mystery Science has made their most popular science lessons free for anyone to use. Lessons are expertly designed to engage students, achieve learning outcomes, and be easy for teachers to use. Short mini-lessons are completely digital. Full lessons include an activity designed to use simple supplies a parent will likely already have at home. K-5.
- NASA Kids' Club is a place for kids to learn all about NASA.
- The San Diego Zoo has videos, activities and games just for kids to learn about all different kinds of animals.
- Space Place, created by NASA Science, is a place for kids to explore the Earth and space.
- Weather Wiz Kids is designed especially for kids to learn all about weather.
- Free Hour of Code tutorials online.
- Typing.com has a number of lessons covering typing, digital literacy, and coding.
Virtual Field Trips
- Virtual field trips through Discovery Education.
- Virtual field trip to Ellis Island from Scholastic.
- Free Virtual Field Trips from Freedom Homeschooling.