Syene Road: McCoy to Aurora
- Conversion of the rural roadway to an urban roadway with curb and gutter and storm sewer. The roadway concept includes 1 vehicle lane and 1 bicycle lane in each direction, with a median in some locations.
- Intersection improvements at Lacy Road, East Cheryl Parkway, Ninebark Drive and McCoy Road. Remaining intersection may include turn lanes and will be designed to promote bicycle/pedestrian connectivity between neighborhoods.
- Stormwater improvements.
- Sanitary sewer and watermain replacement at select locations. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
The project is currently in the design phase. Construction is anticipated in 2022.
A virtual Public Involvement Meeting was held on February 25, 2021 from 6:30-8:00 PM to share information and analysis to date and some initial detail on project concepts. This first meeting covered cross-sections, intersection control alternatives, and lighting alternatives along the corridor. The design team received some great feedback on these items to guide the initial design. A second meeting will be held in June or July 2021 to share more refined design details.
Virtual Public Meeting Video
Public Meeting Survey Link
The design team have created several alternatives for the design of S. Syene between Argus Ln and Ninebark/Central Park Pl. City staff are now seeking advice on two options from residents living on that block. Pros and Cons of various cross-sectional elements will be discussed and included in staff's recommendation for a preferred cross-section. Staff will be available to discuss elements on site at Argus Ln & S. Syene on 4/14 from 5-6 pm. Residents who cannot attend are invited to call or email the project contacts to discuss any questions they have.
- Cross Section C Exhibit
- E Cheryl Roundabout Alternative
- E. Cheryl Signal Alternative
- Syene Road - Overview Exhibit
- Syene Road Lighting Exhibit
- Syene Road PIM Presentation 02252021
- 2019 Fitchburg Syene Road Study
- Draft_Syene_Layout Options_Ninebark to Argus_3-4-21
- Draft_Syene_Layout Options_Ninebark to Argus_updated 4-13
- Draft_Syene_Layout Options_Ninebark to Argus_updated 4-26
- Andrew McFadden, Transportation Engineer, Andrew.McFadden@fitchburgwi.gov, (608) 270-4261
- Samantha Herheim, KL Engineering, email@example.com, (608) 663-1218 @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>