Permits & Applications
Find all the permit fees on the Permit Fee Schedule
- for replacing an older toilet with a high efficiency model for homes built prior to 1994.
- Erosion Control and Stormwater Management Application (ECSWM): Erosion control permit for construction in Fitchburg
- Fitchburg Creek Supporter Application: To reduce a stormwater charge by following practices to reduce runoff from a property
- Stormwater Utility Credit and Rebate Application: To reduce a stormwater charge by installing devices to reduce runoff
- Community Action Request (CAR) Form: Complaint or concern regarding traffic safety on residential streets
- Right-of-Way Permit Application: Digital permit application for any work done in the right-of-way; including the Driveway, Occupancy, and Excavation permits below. Will be required instead of the previously listed forms as of January 1, 2021.
- Contractor Work Reporter: Complete this survey to notify the Public Works Department of impending work or completed work related to Right-of-Way Permits.
- Driveway Permit Application: To replace existing or install a new driveway
- Street / Right of Way Occupancy Permit: To occupy space in a public street during construction activity or other obstruction
- Street / Right of Way Excavation Permit: Any construction, maintenance or repair of utilities within the right of way *Be sure to use the subject line rules when submitting via email to expedite the process *Take consideration of the general conditions and standard provisions, including the notification procedure.
- Notification Procedure
- r/w General Conditions
- r/w Standard Provisions
- Utility Registration Reporting Packet: Each person who has, or seeks to have, facilities located in any right of way shall register with the department and pay the fee set forth in section 27-175
- Flagger's Handbook (March 2011)
- Work Zone Safety Booklet (March 2013)
- MUTCD Temporary Traffic Control (2009)
- Bulk Water Permit: To take water from a filling station
- Metered Hydrant Permit: To take water from a hydrant
- Flushing Permit: To flush or open a hydrant or water valves
- Underground Storage Permit: To install or replace underground storage tanks
- Wellhead Protection Application: To perform construction in a wellhead protection area