Regular, full-time employees of the City of Fitchburg are eligible for a number of benefits, including:
- Health Insurance - Under the Wisconsin Public Employers Group, employees may choose from five health plans in the Dane County area.
- Dental Insurance - Comprehensive dental coverage through Delta Dental includes orthodontics. Employee share currently less than $11 per month for family coverage.
- Life Insurance - Underwritten by Minnesota Life Insurance, employees may elect from one to five times their annual salary in life insurance coverage. Spouse and dependent coverage is also available. Employees are eligible the first day of the month following 30 days from the date of hire or the first day of the month following 30 days from the date of the qualifying family status change event.
- Income Continuation Insurance - This is a short / long term disability program which provides employees with continued income in the event of disability. Premiums are based on your annual salary and waiting period chosen (30 to 180 days). The city pays a portion of the premium. Employees are eligible the first day of the month following their start date.
- Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS) - A percentage of your gross earnings are contributed to this pension program. The current contribution rates (2019) are 13.10% for general employees and 17.27% for protective service employees. An employee contribution is required and varies by position.
- Deferred Compensation Program - This 457 plan allows employees to defer a portion of their earnings, on a pre-tax basis, into a variety of investment options. Two deferred compensation programs are currently available.
- Medical / Dependent Care Reimbursement - Employees may set aside money on a pre-tax basis to pay for qualifying out of pocket medical and dependent care expenses.
- Vision Insurance - Offered through DeltaVision, this plan pays the first $250 towards the purchase of glasses or contacts. Family coverage is available.
- Vacation - Most positions begin with two weeks of vacation annually; this is either 10 or 12 days depending on the work schedule for the position.
- Holidays - City Hall is closed to observe the following holidays: New Years Day, Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, and Christmas Day
- Sick Leave - Employees earn four hours each biweekly pay period.
- On-site Fitness Center - Amenities include: Locker rooms, treadmill, elliptical cross-trainers, recumbent bike, multi-station weight machine, dumb bells, medicine balls, and more.