Fix A Leak Week March 16-22, 2015
This week follow these tips to slow the flow of water and money down the drain:
• Check water utility bills for signs of leaks.
• Check toilets and faucets for leaks regularly.
• Repair dripping faucets, showerheads and toilet flappers. Watch this video for repair tips.
• Toilets and faucets account for 42% of indoor water use. Replace older toilets to save 13,000 gallons of water per year and $2400 over the life of the toilet. WaterSense bathroom sink faucets can reduce water blow by 30% or more. Go to www.epa.gov/WaterSense/products/. Visit www.fitchburgwi.gov/conservation for information on toilet rebates.
• Run only full loads in the washing machine and dishwasher.
• Turn off water when brushing teeth or washing hands and face.