Please join the fun, grab your helmets, and get “geared up” for summer by attending the City’s annual Bike Rodeo event. The Bike Rodeo is a free, bikes-on activity that consists of a series of fun and educational stations that kids can bike through to learn real world skills for how to safely operate and navigate their bikes in traffic! This year’s family-friendly event will be held in the parking lot of the Hatchery Hill Towne Center. This year’s event may be our best one yet, thanks to the generous support of the businesses located in the Hatchery Hill Towne Center! We’ve got tons in store for you and your family including:
• Free safety checks of your bike by the experienced mechanics from Fitchburg Cycles
• An 8-station bike skills course
• Free canvas painting project hosted by the talented artists from Artful Escapes
• “Bike To Books” ride led by our very own Bike Patrol Officers (guided bike ride from Hatchery Hill to the Fitchburg Library)
• Refreshments and goody bags for all participants
Parents ~ grab your bikes and helmets, too, so you can enjoy the “Bike to Books” ride as a family. The total ride length is 3.5 miles; so children under the age of 9 must be accompanied by an adult, wear a helmet, and ride a 2-wheeler to join in the fun!
Mark your calendars for Saturday, May 23 and keep your eyes on the city website for more updates and specifics as the date gets closer!
Interested in volunteering? We need plenty of them! If you are interested, please send an e-mail to Ahna Bizjak at Ahnaray.email@example.com. We’ll add you to our volunteer list and contact you closer to the event to sign up for an activity.
Date: Saturday, May 23, 2015
Time: 10 am – 12 pm
Location: Hatchery Hill Towne Center, 2970 Cahill Main