Literacy, Reading & Books
- - Find expert-approved ideas to help you teach your child to read, and have fun doing it.
- Lexile Find A Book - This site helps kids and parents learn more about reading levels, and helps kids select books that are just right for them based on reading ability and personal interests.
- Wonderopolis - Every day features a new Wonder of the Day, designed to create learning moments in every day life. Wonder of the Day includes discussion about a topic, e.g. why Big Ben is called Big Ben, vocabulary words, interactive features, and resources for additional information.
- Reading Rockets - This site offers a wealth of reading strategies, lessons, and activities designed to help young children learn how to read and read better.
- - Find recommended books for boys of all ages.
- - View a large selection of book recommendations in fiction and non-fiction, for a wide range of topics and age ranges.
- Parenting Magazine - View online articles, recipes, activity ideas and more.
- Parents Magazine - Find information on pregnancy through adolescence. Includes ideas for celebrating at home, vacations, and groups.
- Ask Dr. Sears - View the website of the popular doctor and author. Site provides information and advice on a range of parenting topics including discipline, nutrition, and general health and well being.
- - Access to and information about the online form required to register your child for home schooling.
- Wisconsin Parents Association - View non-denominational organization that provides information for parents on home schooling.
- Homeschool.com - Read through general articles, curriculum guides and printables, forums and more.
- The Homeschool Mom - Guide to homeschooling resources available online.
- Khan Academy - Offers practice exercises, instructional videos, and a personalized learning dashboard that allows learners to study at their own pace in and outside of the classroom. Free